Saturday, March 5, 2011

... (xxii).

... sometimes--you just get a little frustrated.

Bah.

---

I don't want to hear your thoughts
or what you think of love
to me they're just as much
less--than the whining of the doves
I don't need to hear your dreams
they're about as near here as the sound
of the whurr and churr of the tires
grinding on the ground
and possibly a "pop" across the valley

I don't care for all the things
to which you've clung as best you're able
are as crumpled, as forlorn
as the wrappers are on the table
and across this space, your needs
in all their endless thronging
they fall down like an echo
air dissolves your longing

and you wonder how we're come here
this dry and silent space
and fearing, you throw time
as chains--to hold us both in place
but the years fall soft as the chimes
around the corner
and the world is moving brightly
on--behind your face

I hear you as you say
that you're frozen and on fire
and as I listen--all I pray
for is the turning of the hour.




No comments: