Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oedipus

goddamn my eyes
--goddamn the screen
that I should be so pitted
that I should be strung out
all along the sight-lines
that I should be shot
through with the horizon

--sometimes you can trust
only the ghost
in your hands

they rose of themselves

the silent animal in them
curled it's claws

and tore out
the wires

and I had thought--this would be
salvation, when
the last of vision
faded, and ran down my cheeks

I did not think--
that those swinging, rolling fools
the ghost curls now
at the base of my skull

I did not think that those
easily distracted--so foolish
to chase the colors
--every damn sparkle

I did not think that they had
for all their chattering
had preserved me
from the purposeful
silence
of this strange, and alien
animal, breathing with me
in the dark.








No comments: