Wednesday, May 5, 2010

dawn

--let it be: this way
that this morning was familiar
and the bite in the air
familiar
and my lungs full
of the ache, of the deep wound
from when my ribs opened
like a hand, reaching
the sweet bite
the shadows cast
by the ruins within you
now, stretching long
to your nails
if the shade is the only thing
growing

soon--there will be dark enough
to lay in, the night's rest
and the bright morning moon
soon to be ever-awakening
and the trees on fire
with the sunrise
and the first glow
of daylight on the feathers

soon--you will be ever-rising
and the day
will course past
unacknowledged

and you will sunder yourself
from the sun

2 comments:

aria said...

"the shadows cast
by the ruins within you" Sigh!

I love the way you use 'nature' as a metaphor..
as always evokes certain images of sun and shade .. and a dawn tinged with dusk..

Perry Strange said...

I have a "thing" about light... which makes mid-day difficult, actually. Is there any time worse than the hours between noon and 2?

... once again--"dawn tinged..."--you show me something I didn't see myself.