Sunday, March 15, 2009

monster.

         come now-- you monster
    you! broken, crawling thing
                           that had not the courage
          of its convictions-- to stand

              oh, I am standing
                      oh, I am waiting
       you shambling thing
               you ever-mindful, hollow-eyed horror

           one of the ones, before me
     he had a mirror-- I have smashed it
                    I do not hide
          in your reflection.

              you shatter on my pupils
     I see you!--      I see you.
          you are smoke from snaking torches
       I will not see them doused
             --will thieve no others' light

                  I know you,
                            you are the laughter rising
                     from the pit.
    
     I wonder-- if perhaps
           from the ones who leapt
                    and are still falling
             but-- I'll leave them
                      will ground no other's flight.
       
         ever there has been
               will always be
  something pulling itself, wetly
             across the ground
                             towards your feet

          this-- to this I consign you
    that you are devoured of the dark
       that birthed you-- they are coming
 but the mouths have not quite
             reached your hands.

you, knowing-dark-- you will know
         at the last, that you are one and the
                   same. 

No comments: