Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fledged.

Ha. Finally thought of something new... thank God.

---

Fledged

Eyes cast down
running harsh on the gravel
pacing weary the sidewalk
gaze crawling just ahead of the feet
over broken pavement, into the roots
climbing the bark's sharp chasms
to lie, heaving, over the branches
then--
reaches beyond the last handhold, up.
Pulls itself up on itself, reaches
sees in the clouds a handle
gathers itself, reaches
and jumps-- hands out, grasping
arms out reaching, treading sunlight
falling,
on the asphalt,
unclimbing,
cast down onto the sky.

3 comments:

aria said...

I have read it 10 times . .I guess I'll read it again tomorrow .. :)

Perry Strange said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Perry Strange said...

... and I've just accidentally deleted my own reply... genius, I'm telling you...

... see that you do! ;)

... and what I actually am is deeply flattered. and so glad, too, that the dry spell might be lifting...