Sunday, April 4, 2010

Do you suppose...

...I'm having a nervous breakdown? Because I... rather think I am.

---

silence
and also in your head
car
rumbles, in the empty street
must be the only thing living
when you fade
into
the bone
of your own skull
and your skull into the
trees
when you are skating
across the glass of you pupils

if you left
the desks and windows
of your days
would the sidewalks
become unfamiliar?

and once, below the windows
of the day--emancipated
I saw
a truth, felt it
blow over my skin

which is deadened now
and I see nothing but empty light

2 comments:

aria said...

to 'see' the truth .. the thought makes me jittery ..
yes you could be having a nervous breakdown .. :(

"fading into the bone of your own skull" .. love thy imagery ..

Trust, you've been well :)

Perry Strange said...

well enough. the laundry gets done, hey?

--it makes me jittery when I can't "see" it. Lost-ish. "Jittery" is an excellent word, by the way.

... and you, Enigma--how have you been? Will hold out hope for an elliptical narration and a tasty bit of prose.