Monday, June 3, 2019

cvi.

this place, these people--chattering under the lights
leaning against the slats, 
the mountains to the left, thunderheads glowing on the snow

may all the spirits bless this place--
these bright children, these busy citizens
walking through the city, bustling down the freeway
down by the road--under the overpass
in the shade

the sun shine bright but not sharp, 
come down upon you through the branches
the mountains hold you, just under the sky

---
the fear came to you, and you did not know
but you live, though--you are living still

you don't need to fear, I will hold you
and my grasp will not fail you, and my grip
will not falter--

if I swing you forward--you carry me forward, 
and we will go, we will all go forward, 
together--across the line, 
not one less, and not one missing



No comments: